If you’re feeling the pressure of choosing your perfect dreamy wedding dress, we’ve put together for you a guide of what to do and what not to do when choosing your dream dress. These tips will go a long way to keeping you calm and focused when choosing a dress off websites like www.joyceyoungcollections.co.uk or from bridal shops around the country.
- Do wear your wedding underwear! If you’re able to, wear the bra and knickers and corset – if you plan to wear one – to your bridal fittings. Obviously this won’t be quite possible if you are browsing online with www.joyceyoungcollections.co.uk but you can still imagine!
- Don’t try on too many dresses. We told you in part one to try on as many as you like and this still stands but if you try on dozens of dresses you’ll only end up confusing yourself and getting all flustered when there’s no need.
- dont forget that all wedding dress and accessory sales are usually final. No pressure right?! It’s a realistic reminder that you should stay serious in your wedding dress search and accessories. Most of those pretty fascinators are not returnable so spend your money on your accessories wisely. Websites like www.joyceyoungcollections.co.uk can offer you many choices on the accessories to choose from but try not to get bamboozled by beautiful crystal extras.
- Don’t freak out about wedding dress sizing. Bridal gowns tend to run two or three sizes larger than your regular size. Once you get your head round that, be realistic. Pay attention to how it looks and not the sizing on the label. Labels are very psychological and if you listen to that you can really upset yourself for no reason.
- Do ask lots of questions when you are trying your dresses on. You should ask the boutique owner and staff lots of different questions but also yourself. You want the dress you love to make you feel spectacular on your day but also it must be practical for the wedding you’re going to have. Do you feel confident? Do you feel comfortable but beautiful? Can you dance in your dress? Can you sit down? Are you self-conscious about any part of yourself in the dress? All these questions are so important for success on your wedding day. Although a gown may be elegant and breathtakingly beautiful, what good is it if you are trapped mummy-style all night?
- Don’t feel like you have to bring an ooh-ing and aah-ing audience. We’ve all seen the bridal shops stuffed full of aunties, cousins and the best friends’ sisters’ cousins but it’s not necessary. The only approval you need is yours and maybe your mothers! Don’t feel the pressure to take a gaggle of giggling and emotional women with you who will all likely have different tastes and offer difference advice to give you. You’ll only confuse yourself!